1.8

Be careful when considering sending your son or daughter to Visions Teen Treatment Center in Malibu, California.

My family did not have a good experience at this program. The communication was terrible. It was disorganized, chaotic and unprofessional. We were referred here by a family friend who is a therapist. She later apologized to us, saying that she had been unaware of major changes at Visions. She stated that the program had been started and run for many years by a husband and wife team. The wife left some months ago and she suggested that her departure may be the reason there has been a decline in the quality of services. I don’t know if this is so. I can’t compare it to it’s old self. I can however compare it to the program we took our daughter to next. It's scary to think that Visions Rehab is actually in total control of minors while their parents are totally unaware of what's going on!

The fact that we needed to go to another program may speak for itself. It was amazing to have a back to back experience however. It was only after we were in a quality program that we fully understood how poor the treatment we received at Visions was. I realize there aren't many options in Los Angeles or Malibu when it comes to adolescent or teen facilities, but do your diligence. We actually chose Newport Academy and the difference was 180 degrees, but there are likewise other options available as well. Me personally, if I were to recommend a teen facility to a friend or loved one, it would be Newport Academy.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Lack of professionalism, Bad clinical services, Poor structure.

Comments