Orange, California
2.0

After having had experienced a few addiction and mental health related problems with my adolescent son, I did a good amount of research on teen & adolescent addiction treatment centers, among which was Newport Academy in Orange County, California. I had heard some concerns voiced among a number of parents and when I checked the California Dept of Social Services website I came across what they term a "Type-A" citation, the most serious of all! Even worse is, that upon further investigation and subsequent visits by the California DPSS, the complaint/s were deemed conclusive!

Before sending your teen/adolescent son or daughter to Newport Academy I would highly suggest you do as much research possible prior to possibly going in this direction. If you're in need of some alternative teen rehab options you can simply do an online search and find numerous alternatives. My husband and I ended up deciding on Visions Treatment Center in Malibu, CA and everything worked out wonderfully, our son is doing better than ever!

For those interested in seeing it for themselves, here is the direct link to the Newport Academy Complaint on the DPSS website: https://secure.dss.ca.gov/CareFacilitySearch/Search/Detailview/306004180#detailview

Review about: Newport Academy Addiction Treatment.

Preferred solution: The company must issue an online explanation of the incident and clearly explain the steps they took to resolve it and ensure it does not happen again..

Had an Experience with Newport Academy?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion