Complaint on Newport Academy Teen Drug Rehab Treatment Center

After having had experienced a few addiction and mental health related problems with my adolescent son, I did a good amount of research on teen & adolescent addiction treatment centers, among which was Newport Academy in Orange County, California. I had heard some concerns voiced among a number of parents and when I checked the California Dept of Social Services website I came across what they term a "Type-A" citation, the most serious of all! Even worse is, that upon further investigation and subsequent visits by the California DPSS, the complaint/s were deemed conclusive!

Before sending your teen/adolescent son or daughter to Newport Academy I would highly suggest you do as much research possible prior to possibly going in this direction. If you're in need of some alternative teen rehab options you can simply do an online search and find numerous alternatives. My husband and I ended up deciding on Visions Treatment Center in Malibu, CA and everything worked out wonderfully, our son is doing better than ever!

For those interested in seeing it for themselves, here is the direct link to the Newport Academy Complaint on the DPSS website:

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
The company must issue an online explanation of the incident and clearly explain the steps they took to resolve it and ensure it does not happen again.
Product or service
Drug Rehab Center
Review category
Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers, Doctors
review #542344 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Newport Academy? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.