After having had experienced a few addiction and mental health related problems with my adolescent son, I did a good amount of research on teen & adolescent addiction treatment centers, among which was Newport Academy in Orange County, California. I had heard some concerns voiced among a number of parents and when I checked the California Dept of Social Services website I came across what they term a "Type-A" citation, the most serious of all! Even worse is, that upon further investigation and subsequent visits by the California DPSS, the complaint/s were deemed conclusive!
Before sending your teen/adolescent son or daughter to Newport Academy I would highly suggest you do as much research possible prior to possibly going in this direction. If you're in need of some alternative teen rehab options you can simply do an online search and find numerous alternatives. My husband and I ended up deciding on Visions Treatment Center in Malibu, CA and everything worked out wonderfully, our son is doing better than ever!
For those interested in seeing it for themselves, here is the direct link to the Newport Academy Complaint on the DPSS website: https://secure.dss.ca.gov/CareFacilitySearch/Search/Detailview/306004180#detailview
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- The company must issue an online explanation of the incident and clearly explain the steps they took to resolve it and ensure it does not happen again.
- Product or service
- Drug Rehab Center
- Review category
- Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers, Doctors
You May Also Like
- "Good afternoon, my name is Oxana Donahoe. I want to share the horrible experience about clinic visit Aspen Dental to the address: 1401 North Veterans Parkway, Bloomington, IL 61704. We..."
- "I was told by my periodontist that as soon as the technology for implants improved I should get them and I did for my whole mouth. And it was..."
- "ALLSCRIPTS has attacked my reputation,has ruined my good name made strong criticism,malicious publication printed for the purpose of defaming my character, reporting false statements to defame me, publishing false..."
- "I placed an order for dozens of shirts ($1000+) and when they arrived 2 of them were just missing. About 15 or so were either not printed correctly or had..."
- "This dress exceeded my expectations. The first I ordered was champange in size 16. The size was much too small, and the color wasn't one I liked, but if it..."
- "I dont even know how to describe my experience I had during weekend. So I'll just explain what happened one by one, and want to ask you what you think..."
- "I ordered a blueprint and what I got was a black and white copy of a "blueprint". It's blurry and not worth mounting much less displaying. You..."
- "I spent $161.92 for a 'deluxe' sugar and sweet bouquet and everyone's favorite candy basket with all the up charges to be delivered for my daughters sweet 16th birthday. It..."
- "It always interesting how all the review sites show either unhappy customers or happy customers. Come on people, when you process thousands of orders, not all transactions will go..."