Orange, California
100% full Not resolved
1.5

After having a number of bad experiences at Newport Academy, we ended up pulling our son out of here and promptly sent him to another teen rehab center in Los Angeles. It seemed as if the clinical staff had more mental health and organizational issues than the clients themselves! The program was nothing like it was initially described to us prior to his admission. The clinical schedule seemed to change daily from its normal regimen. The schooling was mediocre at best. The staff oversight was spotty and kids were constantly leaving and/or causing other related problems on the site. I even spoke to two other parents of clients there and they shared the exact same sentiments.

I only learned after that fact that the owner has no credentials to provide treatment. None. Zero. Zip. Evidentally he used drugs in the past and somehow this makes him qualified to treat eating disorders, addiction and mental health problems? His lack of credentials and education are evident in the quality of care that we and others received. His father reportedly financed this program and the quality of their clinical and tech staff reflects this business model.

I absolutely encourage you to perform your due diligence prior to sending your son or daughter to Newport Academy! There are other teen/adolescent rehabs in LA and Orange County that have much better reputations. We ended up sending our son to Visions Treatment and one of the other parents sent their daughter to Center for Discovery. Both scenarios turned out much better, at least thus far they have. God-willing both of them will live long, healthy lives for years to come :)

Review about: Newport Academy Addiction Treatment.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I didn't like: Did not follow through, Steff incompetence, Lack of professionalsim, Poor clinical expertise, Lack of experience.

Had an Experience with Newport Academy?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion