After having a number of bad experiences at Newport Academy, we ended up pulling our son out of here and promptly sent him to another teen rehab center in Los Angeles. It seemed as if the clinical staff had more mental health and organizational issues than the clients themselves! The program was nothing like it was initially described to us prior to his admission. The clinical schedule seemed to change daily from its normal regimen. The schooling was mediocre at best. The staff oversight was spotty and kids were constantly leaving and/or causing other related problems on the site. I even spoke to two other parents of clients there and they shared the exact same sentiments.
I only learned after that fact that the owner has no credentials to provide treatment. None. Zero. Zip. Evidentally he used drugs in the past and somehow this makes him qualified to treat eating disorders, addiction and mental health problems? His lack of credentials and education are evident in the quality of care that we and others received. His father reportedly financed this program and the quality of their clinical and tech staff reflects this business model.
I absolutely encourage you to perform your due diligence prior to sending your son or daughter to Newport Academy! There are other teen/adolescent rehabs in LA and Orange County that have much better reputations. We ended up sending our son to Visions Treatment and one of the other parents sent their daughter to Center for Discovery. Both scenarios turned out much better, at least thus far they have. God-willing both of them will live long, healthy lives for years to come :)
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Did not follow through
- Steff incompetence
- Lack of professionalsim
- Poor clinical expertise
- Lack of experience
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Teen Adolescent Drug Treatment
- Review category
- Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers, Doctors
You May Also Like
- "Well I want to say after all the bad reviews I read here and there I was hesitant to go there but I did anyways. I had a temp top..."
- "I went to the clinic to have SIX old veneers changed because over time they had discolored, nothing was wrong with my teeth otherwise. Dr. Arzate advised to do eight..."
- "If you were or still are a member of Kaiser & you had an appointment on January 19, 2012 it is most likely that someone else received your medical information..."
- "For my son's birthday I adopted a Burmese kitten for him. He was so excited and elated. As many shelter pets our new kitten contacted a URI infection. I took..."
- "You go to Sketchers to buy work shoes because you been wearing the same Comfortable, yet worn out Payless $20 Work shoe for six months. And this time your gonna..."
- "AVOID IPHONETRIP.COM! I rented an "unlimited" SIM card from them for a 10-week trip overseas. I used their service in 13 countries and it did work fairly well, although some..."
- "SO… YOU ARE LOAY TAWEEL IN MIAMI AND ABU AZMI IN CHICAGO… looks like a *** artist. Sunday, October 23 afternoon I received many messages by Whatsapp from Loay..."
- "I was denied service cause the cashier/manager said I was Hispanic. And I have it recorded mind you he was an Hindu decent. I still shocked of his remarks and..."
- " Today 10/25/2016 we went into the Chili's in Arroyo Grande California and waited for 15 to 20 minutes to be seated we were never acknowledged or never approached. ..."