A Bad Experience with Newport Academy Teen Rehab Center
After having a number of bad experiences at Newport Academy, we ended up pulling our son out of here and promptly sent him to another teen rehab center in Los Angeles. It seemed as if the clinical staff had more mental health and organizational issues than the clients themselves! The program was nothing like it was initially described to us prior to his admission. The clinical schedule seemed to change daily from its normal regimen. The schooling was mediocre at best. The staff oversight was spotty and kids were constantly leaving and/or causing other related problems on the site. I even spoke to two other parents of clients there and they shared the exact same sentiments.
I only learned after that fact that the owner has no credentials to provide treatment. None. Zero. Zip. Evidentally he used drugs in the past and somehow this makes him qualified to treat eating disorders, addiction and mental health problems? His lack of credentials and education are evident in the quality of care that we and others received. His father reportedly financed this program and the quality of their clinical and tech staff reflects this business model.
I absolutely encourage you to perform your due diligence prior to sending your son or daughter to Newport Academy! There are other teen/adolescent rehabs in LA and Orange County that have much better reputations. We ended up sending our son to Visions Treatment and one of the other parents sent their daughter to Center for Discovery. Both scenarios turned out much better, at least thus far they have. God-willing both of them will live long, healthy lives for years to come :)
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Did not follow through
- Steff incompetence
- Lack of professionalsim
- Poor clinical expertise
- Lack of experience
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Teen Adolescent Drug Treatment
- Review category
- Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers, Doctors
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I was a patient at SSM St Josephs of St Charles Mo. Although I survived I will carry with me the burden of all the mistakes and slander recorded in..."
- "After having had experienced a few addiction and mental health related problems with my adolescent son, I did a good amount of research on teen & adolescent addiction treatment centers,..."
- "Dr. Jeff E. Wong botched an operation on me which caused me to be tube fed in hospitals for more than a year. He permanently damaged my health. He is..."
- "In august of 2015 installed replacement airbags new shocks and the air compressor on my 01 towncar. Thw warranty was very limited and our system was collapsed but was sure..."
- "Dear Lynn, RE: VIP CORPORATE FLIGHT ATTENDANT Thank you so much for your reply.Infact, before your reply, I'll must say I've already anticipated & expected that i'm will not be..."
- "Bought this Proctor Silex individual coffee server at Target, and it made awful watery coffee, and spewed water over the counter. It made a horrific noise and a few times..."
- "We are committed to providing consumers with a The best shopping needs of site Let consumers In our website Buy their favorite products. Here every product sold The technical staff..."
- "For my son's birthday I adopted a Burmese kitten for him. He was so excited and elated. As many shelter pets our new kitten contacted a URI infection. I took..."
- "I ordered this dress as a party. I bought this long sleeve dress on 9/8/16 in the evening and received it on 9/11/16! I did pay for the expedited shipping...."