A Bad Experience with Newport Academy Teen Rehab Center
After having a number of bad experiences at Newport Academy, we ended up pulling our son out of here and promptly sent him to another teen rehab center in Los Angeles. It seemed as if the clinical staff had more mental health and organizational issues than the clients themselves! The program was nothing like it was initially described to us prior to his admission. The clinical schedule seemed to change daily from its normal regimen. The schooling was mediocre at best. The staff oversight was spotty and kids were constantly leaving and/or causing other related problems on the site. I even spoke to two other parents of clients there and they shared the exact same sentiments.
I only learned after that fact that the owner has no credentials to provide treatment. None. Zero. Zip. Evidentally he used drugs in the past and somehow this makes him qualified to treat eating disorders, addiction and mental health problems? His lack of credentials and education are evident in the quality of care that we and others received. His father reportedly financed this program and the quality of their clinical and tech staff reflects this business model.
I absolutely encourage you to perform your due diligence prior to sending your son or daughter to Newport Academy! There are other teen/adolescent rehabs in LA and Orange County that have much better reputations. We ended up sending our son to Visions Treatment and one of the other parents sent their daughter to Center for Discovery. Both scenarios turned out much better, at least thus far they have. God-willing both of them will live long, healthy lives for years to come :)
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Did not follow through
- Steff incompetence
- Lack of professionalsim
- Poor clinical expertise
- Lack of experience
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Teen Adolescent Drug Treatment
- Review category
- Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers, Doctors
You May Also Like
- "ALLSCRIPTS has attacked my reputation,has ruined my good name made strong criticism,malicious publication printed for the purpose of defaming my character, reporting false statements to defame me, publishing false..."
- "My husband called me on his lunch break and asked me to make him an appointment to have a tooth pulled. I called and he had his tooth pulled @..."
- "i can personally relate to patients complaining about poor dental service, and then the dentist resort to blaming the patient for their mistakes.my partials were so deformed that friends of..."
- "I placed an order for dozens of shirts ($1000+) and when they arrived 2 of them were just missing. About 15 or so were either not printed correctly or had..."
- "I bought a chicken wrap and the tortilla had mold. Grrrrrrr..."
- "For my son's birthday I adopted a Burmese kitten for him. He was so excited and elated. As many shelter pets our new kitten contacted a URI infection. I took..."
- "Having read the various comments below and realising that my experience is typical not unusual, I wonder why this company hasn't been sanctioned or actioned against. Perhaps a class action..."
- "Rashard Johnson of the Forty Niners was penalized 15 yards for "Unsportsmanlike conduct" for making a "snow angel" after scoring what he thought was a touchdown. Ridiculous. Period. Our whole..."
- "I purchased an UP3 and about 3 months later, the band is already breaking. I emailed Jawbone support about the issue and wanted to understand why it would break so..."